I think that many people fail to realize that no one is responsible for their happiness but themselves. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN HAPPINESS. Granted, people may, and SHOULD add to this happiness, but you cannot expect them to be fully in charge of making you happy. The happiness that you should aspire to have will come from within. Any other form is only temporary.
Friends, family and significant others should be there to enhance the peace and happiness that you have found on your own. You don’t want to have to depend on them to make you feel good because, what will happen when they’re not there? What will happen if they’re unable to spread joy and light because they’re not happy with themselves? Will you all walk around under this grey cloud?
People fail to realize how simple it is to take control of their own happiness. Here are a few ways to get you started:
- Stop wondering “What if?” You’ll literally drive yourself crazy considering all the negatives that could come from a situation. Try to just let things be and work themselves out. You shouldn’t stress over what you can’t control.
- Do not seek validation from others. Do not let people change or alter your opinions about anything. If you like something, go for it. If you think an outfit is cute, wear it. If you want to try something new, try it. Make decisions for yourself. Do what YOU think is best for YOU. Obviously, if you need help, ask for it, but you should not live your life making decisions based on what other people think.
- Build your confidence. Honestly, its impossible to be truly happy and at peace with yourself without being confident. Look in the mirror and tell yourself that you’re bomb. You’re beautiful. You’re a go-getter. You’re a winner. You will succeed. The only person who can tell you otherwise is YOU so pick a side.
- Be optimistic. I know that it’s impossible for everyone in the world to be an optimist, but you can work on developing situational optimism. You know, sometimes, things will work out in your favor, especially if you think positively. So, start by taking small situations and seeing the good that may come from them, whether they may seem bad initially or not. A little optimism goes a long way.
- Stop complaining. I honestly can’t stand a person who will sit around and complain all day. What does that solve? Take action! If you don’t like something, change it. If you don’t want to do something, don’t do it! (Unless you absolutely have to LOL sorry.) Complaining holds you back, causing you to dwell on whatever negative situation brought you to this point in the first place. When something happens that you don’t like, don’t sit around and wonder why, don’t be angry at whoever was involved, ask yourself “How can i fix this?” or “How can I make myself feel better about this situation?”
It’s so easy to gain control over your own happiness, yet so difficult. Many of us just expect those closest to us to make us happy without realizing that we’re not even happy on our own. It’s NO ONES responsibility to make you happy but you!